Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Things to Come?

A spiraling economy + collapsing healthcare system = this

Is this what we'll be seeing more and more of in the next year? Everyone seems to be cutting jobs--OHSU: 1000, Starbucks: 6000, Boeing: 10,000, Circuit City: 30,000. My state of Oregon has lost nearly 9000 jobs a month since August. We have an unemployment rate of 9%.

I fear that this story of a father murdering his family and taking his own life becuase of job loss and economic depression is something that we are going to see repeated again and again. And while we all know that things will get worse before it gets better, how much worse can we expect it to get?

3 comments:

.. said...

I think I am going to be sick. I don't think I can even come up with the right words to say how disturbed I am.

Just a little snarky said...

We have an unemployment rate of 9%.

Pfft. Here in Michigan our unemployment has hit 10%+. Yay for unions!

Just a little snarky said...

That should have said "Yay for automotive unions!"