Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Service, Available

Medix 311 is back in service, available.

It's been a rough couple weeks since Christmas. While my little car accident didn't incapacitate me, it did make me surlier than usual. My wife and I have been down to one vehicle, which isn't so fun for her when she has to drive me to and from work on my 24s. Oh, I also got the damage estimate back on my car.

Drum roll please... $8000. That's right--8-K, 8-grand, 8-Gs.

$8000 on a car worth $1100. So needless to say, Allstate is going to total my car. Right now, my twisted wreckage of an automobile is somewhere in Central Oregon awaiting an Allstate service tech to verify the damage so they can cut me a check. Looks like I'll be new car shopping at the end of the month.

Additionally, I just had to drop $1000 today for a new washer and dryer as my current washer that is 20+ years old crapped out on me. My wife and I figured that it's better to replace them both at the same time.

My water heater has been acting up. I'm hoping it's because the washer was causing it trip its breaker. But who knows...

Oh, but I do have one piece of good news. Great news, really. Last night was my fire department's annual awards banquet and guess who was awarded Firefighter of the Year. That's right--me. Really, I'm honored and pretty humbled by it. My fire chief had so many nice things to say about me that I was a little embarrassed to receive the award.

That's it for now. Again, I promise I'll be back soon with Drunks 3, and it will be well worth the wait. Take care.

5 comments:

Epijunky said...

Congrats!!! What an honor!

I'm so sorry to hear about your car. Or happy. Depending on how you want to look at it. Have fun with the new car shopping, I'm in the market as well.

Herbie said...

I know the feeling about the vehicle. I had to replace mine in October after some asshole on the way to a methadone clinic decided to start a chain-reaction accident, which drove me into a telephone pole.

It'll all work out in the end.

.. said...

Congratulations!

Hope the all the 'rain' ends soon before you get flooded out! Good luck with the car shopping and it's good to have to back.

randompawses said...

Congrats on the award! That's quite an honor!

Medix311 said...

Thanks for the love, everyone :)