Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Storm Ready

Today, I had to bring my newly packed Storm Readiness (as in I'm probably being overly paranoid) Bag to work. A wind storm is supposed to be blowing through the north Oregon coast over the next 2 or 3 days. This morning when I left the house, it was blowing rain sideways. Today, I'm thinking about trees coming down and as I told the ER nurses this morning: "the rain tends to bring out the crazies."

As for my overly paranoid Storm Readiness Bag, I now carry on the unit with me:
  • A hard hat
  • Rain pants
  • Leather work gloves
  • Headlamp
  • Flashlight
  • Safety goggles
At least if I get stuck on a highway this winter, I might feel a little safer while the wind is blowing and trees are falling down around me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its ok to be ready- last December we had a monster ice storm that stopped everything in its tracks. This year! mind you! I will be more prepared for indoor camping- with more of a generator- more cast iron cookware to cook outside on the grill with and the list goes on! And the best part is no one is laughing at me this time around either! I don't blame you a bit!

.. said...

Pssst...

http://callitasiseefit.blogspot.com/2008/11/award.html