Sunday, November 2, 2008

Resolution

TJ and I had a falling out as partners some months back. He was moved to a night-car after it, but we were partnered again after his return to 24s. This were never the same between us. We used to laugh and joke, we had the same black sense of humour about our job. But when we started working together again, it was all professionalism, to the extent of cold shoulderness. He would hardly say hello to me in the mornings, wouldn't do a rig check with me, or would hardly say a word to the patients or firemen on scene.

I had a conversation with my supervisor last night, and it went something like this:

Supervisor: "I had a conversation with TJ the other night. He said something about you..."
Me: "Oh yeah. What was that?"
Supervisor: "He told me, 'I know that Jeramy and I have had our differences in the past, but at least I never had to worry about his abilities as a paramedic.'"

Not that I ever tried to impress TJ, but I always did wonder if he respected me as a paramedic. Now I know.

And you know, it's nice to have that resolution.

2 comments:

Epijunky said...

What a low blow.

Michael Morse said...

Good partners are priceless. Haven't had one in a while, I'm presently cursed with a thirty year old nintendo playing, i-pod wearing do as little as possible to get by moppy headed nitwit.

There, I feel better already.