Friday, August 29, 2008

Intermission

It's been over two weeks since my last post; an unexpected and unwanted hiatus. I've been working too many over time shifts at our slowest station. I'm stuck in Little Fishing Village just south of Little Beach Town with World's Longest Beach (allegedly) and I don't think they've ever heard of the internet. My company is working on getting us internet access into the station, but like all things, it will take time.

I thought that I would share some good news, though. My letter from Big Valley Fire Department arrived today and I will be advancing onto the physical ability round. I've heard through the grape vine that they've narrowed the hiring list down to 200 and are looking to hire a least half. We shall see.

As I've been stuck in Little Fishing Village, I don't have many interesting stories, but I promise I'll be back soon with some fresh material. I'm about to rotate down into the county for the next couple of weeks, so I'll have more opportunity to write and more to tell.

2 comments:

Epijunky said...

Best of luck to ya!!!

Michael Morse said...

If you're not careful you might start posting footage of a pesky squirrel emptying your birdfeeder. Now that is pretty dull!