Friday, October 10, 2008

Conference Day 1

First day of conference started at 0800 with a presentation by Dr Broselow (that's right, of Broselow Tape fame). He spent two one hour sessions demoing a new Color Code Kids system that is designed to provide a computer based, bedside reference for all things pediatric. He's even experimenting with syringes with color coded dose markers and bringing the color coded system to consumers (color coded car seats, OTC meds, etc.) Very interesting stuff.

I spent an hour with Bob Page in Slap the Cap! learning so many things about capnography that I didn't even know. There's an aweful lot scheduled for tomorrow that I'm looking forward to.

Tonight was our awards dinner which started with the presentation of colors, then a little-too-over-the-top rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. The food was good (much better than last years) and the program went somewhat smoothly. One of the presenters kept messing up his little speeches, skipping or changing important details about the stories. The medals weren't available as they hadn't arrived by FedEx yet. Oh, and my award plaque had me listed as an EMT-Basic. Oh well.

Long day ahead of me tomorrow, I'll be going to bed soon.

0 comments: