Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Perfect Morning

I awoke this morning to the first perfect spring morning of the year. The sun was rising over the hills, casting a wonderful pink-purple glow. It was already warming outside, 60 degrees or better at seven in the morning. The air had a fresh, warm, clean smell to it, just like my favorite summer mornings always do.

Boomer was following me through the house during my morning routine. She waited outside the bathroom door while I was in the shower, sat and gazed up at me with quizzical brown eyes as I packed my lunch, happily wagged her whole body when I took her outside, then bounded up onto the bed when I kissed my wife goodbye.

With my uniform on and day bag packed, I grabbed my Oakleys and got into my car. Driving to work this morning, the 45-minute commute to Station 1, didn’t seem so bad this morning. I had a smile on my face for the first time in months when I walked into the station to relieve the previous shift.

0 comments: