Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Award

So this happened back in September of 2007, but since I wasn't keeping up with my Blog at the time, I'll share now.

For the awards period of June 2006 - May 2007, I was awarded EMT-Intermediate of the Year for the State of Oregon. Here's an excerpt from the letter my Ops Chief sent to the state recommending me for the award:

"Jeramy has always been a good employee, however over the last year he has been exceptional... [He] contributes on a regular basis towards in-services, continuing education, and assisting with the EMT-Basic class at Clatsop Community College. He balances his time between work, school, and family life very well..."

So the letter goes on, but the State of Oregon Health Division found it appropriate to bestow this award upon me at the EMS Awards Banquet in Bend. Several awards are handed out every year including Medals of Valor, Meritous Servous, and Unit Citations to name a few. My wife and father (also a Seaside volunteer lieutenant) were also in attendance at the banquet and what a wonderful thing it was to share with them. I am so very proud and humbled.

0 comments: