Saturday, April 25, 2009

AMA

Overheard on the dispatch:

"Medic 2 respond code 3 for a traumatic injury; female with her hand slammed in a car door."

My partner's response: "that's not a traumatic injury, that's a dramatic injury!"

Laughed we did. But a few minutes later...

"Medic 2 from 44-51--we're on scene with a conscious female patient. Obvious deformity of the left hand, partial amputation at the wrist."

Ouch.

Another few minutes later, after Medic 2 arrived: "MedComm from Medic 2, we're clear with a signed patient refusal."

It begs the question: WTF?

3 comments:

Matt M said...

I concur. WTF!

.. said...

First... ow. Second... huh?

And here I thought I was going to die when I slammed/locked a finger in my car door.

Anonymous said...

Well, obviously she wasn't left-handed...